The 2017 CBAA Community Radio Awards are open for entries.
Top music categories include Best New Radio Program – Music, Contribution to Australian Music and Excellence in Music Programming.
A press release from CBAA encouraged applications from “community radio stations with programs, initiatives or practices that have increased their capability and improved the services offered to that station’s community.”
Entries will be open until 9am AEST on 8 May, with finalists announced in June.
The awards will be held in November at the CBAA National Community Broadcasting Conference.
All awards categories are below. Enter the awards here.
- The Michael Law Award
- The Tony Staley Award for Excellence in Community Broadcasting
- The Outstanding Small Station Award
- Outstanding Volunteer Contribution
- Outstanding Youth Contribution
- Excellence in Community Participation
- Excellence in Indigenous Engagement
- Excellence in Ethnic and Multicultural Engagement
- The Troy Garner Award for Excellence in Sports Programming
- Best New Radio Program – Talks
- Excellence in Spoken Word, News & Current Affairs Programming
- Best New Radio Program – Music
- Contribution to Australian Music
- Excellence in Music Programming
- Excellence in Digital Media
- Excellence in Technical Services
- Excellence in Training
- Most Innovative Outside Broadcast or Special Event Broadcast
- Best Station Promotion or Fundraising Campaign
- Best Station Production