Woolloomooloo, New South Wales
Woolloomooloo, New South Wales
Are you the crazy music-fanatic who relentlessly pushes your latest discoveries and mid-week gigs on your mates? If someone asked you, “what’s your favourite ever album?” would you struggle to choose because THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!? Ever thought your music obsession could be a full time career?
Universal Music Australia is on the hunt for a superstar Media Manager – Streaming to exploit our artists across Streaming and Digital Business Partners. The lucky candidate will drive the labels digital marketing activities, act as the key contact for all UMA repertoire and will create innovative marketing and promotional strategies to drive revenue.
WHERE is this amazing, one-of-a-kind opportunity based, you ask? Well, we don’t wanna brag, but our ridiculously awesome office is in the heart of Sydney and has million dollar Harbour views…
To sum the role up –
- Identify artist and release opportunities with selected digital business partners from delivery, to execution on platform, through to on-and-off platform digital marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for increasing UMA streaming chart share for priority releases on a weekly basis (working closely with Frontline International and Domestic Marketing, Strategic Marketing, and Commercial divisions).
- Develop and implement the streaming strategy on National level with National and Global playlists, on-line radio and platforms.
- Create new opportunities for our artists through streaming platforms.
- Strategize creative artist plans for streaming platforms, in collaboration with Marketing & Media Teams.
- As directed by the Heads of Media and Marketing, manage all on platform marketing and its execution, post analysis and reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with streaming partners, digital platforms, curators and playlisters.
About you –
- Your crazy obsession with music knows no bounds!
- You spend more time per day than you’d like to admit curating your perfect playlists. You’re a subscriber and consumer of various music and media platforms, and know the ins and outs of music streaming.
- You are a creative marketer with solid media/digital knowledge and experience.
- You are also a nerd with insights and reporting.
- You follow the music industry, our artists and our labels. You understand how the landscape has changed and have ideas for how artists can commercialise outside of the recorded business.
- You get along with all kinds of different people, collaboration is key.
- You thrive off pressure and love the hustle of a large workload.
- You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Us –
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence + The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!