Brisbane, QLD (Full Time)
Brisbane, QLD (Full Time)
Are You Passionate About Artists Getting Paid For Their Work?
- Partnered with Spotify, we are the Market Leader in On-Demand Music Subscription Services for Business
- A Rare Entry-Level Opportunity to Kick-Start Your Career in Music Licensing
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
Nightlife Music is a music subscription service for business. For over 28 years, our investment in tech innovation and curatorial expertise has increased the value music holds in out-of-home settings, creating a better outcome for artists and rights holders when businesses use our platform. Currently in over 5,000 venues across the hospitality, leisure, tourism, retail and fitness industries, we generate exposure for artists via our playlisting and in-venue music request app, crowdDJ®. Our integration with Spotify further generates awareness for, and uptake of consumer streaming services.
Nightlife is privately owned and one of the largest employers in the Australian music industry. Our high-profile client base includes the Merivale Group, Crown Resorts and Casinos, P&O Cruises, Anytime Fitness and many more. We hold licenses with all major labels and a host of Independents, visual suppliers like ESPN and Garage, as well as the rights to re-purpose sports content from codes like NRL and NBL. Additionally, we partner with global innovators like Spotify and AOPEN to deliver engaging and interactive in-venue experiences.
Nightlife Music is renowned for:
- Setting the industry benchmark for the protection of artist copyright and data-driven repatriation
- Our ability to curate and sustain on-brand music and visual offerings
- Cutting-edge cloud-based technology and mobile apps designed and developed in-house
Continued growth in scale and diversity of our client base, and a commitment to exposing emerging and established artists through our platform, has resulted in a significant increase in our repertoire and activity for our Licensing team. To cater for this demand, we have created a role for a Licensing Assistant to support research and administration of new direct licence agreements with artists and rights holders. Whilst this is the perfect opportunity for an entry-level candidate, preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrable passion for intellectual property law.
You will be involved in:
- Royalties administration; quarterly reporting in conjunction with Music and Accounts teams
- Research and contract administration for copyright owners, ensuring compliance with licence terms
- Ensuring licensor account and copyright information is accurate
- Administering licensing agreements
Selection Criteria – for your application to be considered, please address in your cover letter:
- Meticulous and detail-focused data administration skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Passionate about copyright licensing; demonstrated practical or theoretical knowledge of the industry
- Analytical with a keen interest and ability to interpret data
- A well rounded communication style that portrays active listening, respect, and clarity
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and time-manage effectively
Nightlife’s commitment to creating an enjoyable and healthy workplace, life balance, and career development ensures a career path exists for high achievers. Nightlife is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all persons.
To apply confidentially, please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Heidi Richards, email: email@example.com