Mirror Music Group is an independent artist management company and record label based in Redfern, Sydney. Consisting of a small, yet very functional and diverse team, Mirror Music Group has grown and developed over its 5 year history to become an international respected music company representing artist such as Gang Of Youths, Middle Kids, Brightness and Sloan Peterson.
This is a unique and dynamic role, working as the Assistant/right-hand person for the Managing Director. The ideal candidate will understand what it takes to add significant value to the MD’s work life. A proactive attitude and the ability to anticipate needs will be essential to the role. Trust and loyalty are vital traits and will help to build a strong working relationship with the MD. The job invariably involves a high level of tact, independence, people skills and ability to maintain confidence in a fast paced environment.
Office Management – Oversee the day to day management of the office and assist in developing internal management systems, set up and planning for meetings, various filing and office maintenance. The candidate will provide assistance to the wider team with various administration tasks when required.
Schedule Management – Scheduling meetings and conference calls for the MD on a daily basis, across multiple time zones. Attending to visitors during meetings and interactions will be quite frequent. Prioritisation – Prioritising the MD’s time and resources will be crucial throughout everyday planning and scheduling
Accounting / Bookeeping – Manage creditor and debtor invoicing, receipts and payments into appropriate accounting software. Perform weekly bank and credit card reconciliations and manage all banking duties required by the business with collaboration with external accounting services.
Artist Management Assistance – Providing general Artist Management assistance from time to time, under the direction of the MD & General Manager.
Travel Management – Manage a range of domestic and international travel commitments for the MD (both professional and personal travel) and some artist travel, which involves a well-rounded knowledge of business travel and coordinating time efficient schedules.
Promotions and Marketing – assist in various activities such as social media scheduling, maintaining artist websites, and attending various press and media obligations.
Touring and logistics – Coordinate accommodation, travel and VISA applications for all artists if and when required. Assist in the advancing of shows including backline, logistics and liaise with crew.
Ad Hoc Duties – A wide range of ad hoc duties will come up on a weekly basis.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for the artist we work with.
- 3 + years hands on music industry experience. Experience in a similar role will be highly desirable.
- Very organised, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, with firm deadlines.
- Awareness of new music and industry trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also autonomously and without supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Apple operating systems, Microsoft applications, and Google apps.
- Experience with XERO.
- Whilst not essential, experience with design applications such as Photoshop or Illustrator would be a plus.
- Knowledge of social media and digital marketing is a plus.
- Flexible with work hours and available to attend events outside of normal work hours.
- Current drivers license.
This position is part time, with the view to eventually moving to full time. Exact hours and days of work to be discussed.
If you are interested please send an email with the subject ‘Application for Assistant role’ along with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications – January 15.