ULTIMO (Permanent Full Time)
ULTIMO (Permanent Full Time)
Applications for these roles close Monday, 23 October 2017
- APRA AMCOS has three vacancies within our Publisher Relations & Repertoire Department
- Based in our Head Office in Sydney
- All three are entry-level positions which will be appointed on full-time, permanent basis, with an immediate start.
The Publisher Relations & Repertoire department is made up of 6 teams and fulfils a number of roles, principally focused on establishing and maintaining ownership details for records of musical works within our database, and liaising with APRA AMCOS’ publisher members to ensure those details are correct. The positions currently available are as follows:
1. Registered Works Officer, Registered Works team (Repertoire)
The Registered Works team deals with records of musical works for which registrations detailing ownership claims have been supplied by our publisher members. The Registered Works Officer role is responsible for adding/amending works ownership details in order to maximise the distribution of royalties by APRA and AMCOS as well as the licensing of works within the APRA AMCOS repertoire.
2. Research Officer, Research team (Repertoire)
The Research team’s core tasks involve musical works identification, works ownership completion and database integrity maintenance, with the aims of enabling the accurate and successful distribution of royalties and of supporting the licensing of public performances, dramatic context usages, recordings, broadcast, communication, synchronisation and sales of works within the APRA AMCOS repertoire.
3. Resolutions Officer, Resolutions team (Publisher Relations)
The Resolutions team’s core tasks involve providing a high level of customer service to publisher members and assisting them with APRA AMCOS business queries relating to disputed musical works. The team assists publishers with resolving longstanding publisher counterclaims of high earning works, enabling correct distribution payments to members/societies and processing publisher bulk registration files.
Applicants for these roles should have a keen interest in, and a good knowledge of, music across a range of genres. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills will be highly regarded. Experience using a variety of research tools to find information and a demonstrated ability to assess the accuracy and validity of that information will be an advantage.
The ability to demonstrate:
- Strong numeracy skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Strong research skills especially the effective and efficient use of search engines, online resources and databases
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word
- A broad knowledge of various musical genres
- Computer literacy with good typing/data entry speeds
Ideally you are:
- Consultative, assertive, organised & proactive
- Personally accountable, professional, responsible & committed to the organisation’s success
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven, mature, empathetic and resilient
If your skills, experience and abilities suit and you are wanting to apply for one of these roles, please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your experience and addressing the essential criteria specified above to PRRemail@example.com by 5pm, Monday, 23rd October, 2017. Unless a preference is specifically stated within your cover letter, candidates will be considered for their suitability for all three available positions.
Please note: applications without a cover letter will not be considered. You must have the right to live and work on a permanent basis in this location to apply for these jobs. You must also provide two (2) valid employer referee contacts for reference purposes.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
No agency applications please.
APRA AMCOS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We prioritise employee wellbeing, with regular seminars, an EAP, mental health training, onsite flu vaccinations and more. We offer flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and purchased leave. We prioritise diversity and we value learning. We’ve gone green with numerous sustainability initiatives, and we give back by regularly supporting charities.