Century Venues is seeking applications for the position of Venue & Events Programming Assistant to work in the programming and venue bookings team across the iconic Enmore, Metro and Factory Theatres as well as The Sydney Comedy Store and The Concourse Chatswood Performing Arts Centre.
The successful applicant would be reporting to the group’s COO and be responsible for assisting the programming team to source, secure and contract events for the groups suite of venues and working with its associated produced festival events such as the Sydney and Perth Comedy Festivals and Sydney Fringe Comedy.
Key priorities the programming department is responsible for include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating entertainment at our various venues.
- Identifying and contracting music, comedy, cabaret, theatre and business events that fit with in the groups entertainment policy and curatorial framework
- Securing events to meet venue utilisation targets
- Managing the events calendar and activity in association with the groups procedures and workflow
- Fielding, quoting, advancing and following up new event enquiries in line with the groups business objectives
- Manage client relationships and expectations to the highest standards of service
- Staying abreast and up to date with industry releases, new work, promoter activity and competitor/interstate venue activity
SKILL REQUIREMENT FOR SELECTION CIRTERIA
- Understanding of event genres and customer demographics
- Understanding of the industry and rates
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills.
- High levels of interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience coordinating and interpreting event requirements.
- Basic understanding of staging, technical requirements of performance, including sound and lighting requirements.
- Basic understanding of venue legal compliance relating to music performance fees and legislative requirements like occupational health and safety issues relating to mains power, rigging, and noise levels etc
To apply please include the following in your application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration;
1. A covering letter providing details of how your skills/ability, knowledge, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
2. A CV
3. A Photo image of the applicant
4. All applicants are requested to provide names and contact details of two referees
- COMPANY NAME – Century Venues
- CONTACT EMAIL – email@example.com