Amazon is looking for an experienced professional to help define and push forward our global music programming strategy. The Senior Programming Manager for Amazon Digital Music will be responsible for driving customer engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and streaming radio stations and related curatorial tasks crucial to the quality of the Amazon Music customer experience.
This leader will set a path toward iteration and improvement by learning about our customers and their behavior through the collection and analysis of data.
This leader will work closely with the Content Acquisition, Marketing, and Site Merchandising teams on customer- and partner-facing initiatives. The Senior Content Programming Manager will also work with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that both internal and external experiences are best-in-class.
· Deliver high quality music programming including playlists and stations
· Create and manage a rolling editorial calendar
· Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
· Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
· Work with the Content Licensing and Vendor Management teams to identify content to include in the service
· Use data to continuously refine our content offering to ensure a fresh and compelling user experience for each customer
· 5 to 7 years in work experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation, and/or running an editorial calendar
· Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
· Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
· Ability to set aside one’s own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Relentlessly high standards
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools; knowledge of SQL a plusAmazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.