Brisbane, QLD (Full Time)
Brisbane, QLD (Full Time)
Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service (CHQ HHS) is a recognised leader in paediatric healthcare, teaching and research. With a dedicated team of more than 4,000 people, our point of difference is in the way we provide care to children, young people and their families every day.
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia’s best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Deliver high level music therapy clinical services in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards, with minimal direct clinical supervision.
- Exercise independent judgement and problem solving skills, in matters beyond routine practice with infrequent clinical practice supervision
- Apply professional judgement to a complex caseload, adapting routine clinical practice using valid and reliable evidence.
- Work cooperatively, collaboratively and effectively with staff, patients and their families within the Mental Health Child Inpatient Unit, discipline group and multidisciplinary team as indicated by the clinical needs of complex patients.
- Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within clinical service area.
- Initiate quality, research and service improvement activities.
- Experience in delivering a high level music therapy clinical services within a variety of complex caseloads presenting to the mental health child inpatient unit.
- Comprehensive understanding of demand capacity management in acute mental health inpatient service delivery.
- High level of communication and team working skills within the multidisciplinary team and internal/external key stakeholders.
- Possession of a recognised degree or post-graduate diploma in music therapy,
- Proof of registration with the Australian Music Therapy Association Incorporated to be provided to the Children’s Health Service District prior to the commencement of duty.
Click here for more info or to apply online, or contact Christie Burke on 07 3068 2520 – Job Ad Reference: H17CHQ231498
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. Please refer to the attached Role Description for more information and what requirements may exist and may be needed prior to commencement.