Sydney, NSW (Full time )
Sydney, NSW (Full time )
Macro Music is an all-service music management company, based in Sydney and Fremantle, Australia. Offering worldwide representation for some of Australia’s most exciting artists, Macro Music leads the way in creative and innovative, career-focused music business.
We are currently looking for an individual who is experienced in the world of recorded music and label management to join the team in Sydney in a permanent role as the Head of Recorded Music.
The role will deal with all facets of releasing music from Macro’s roster of top-tier and developing Australian artists as well as releases that come through our own independent label Ten To Two Records.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of and proven experience managing Australian artist releases for both local and international markets. They will also have extensive experience in innovative insights-based marketing and a proven track record of successful releases.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive release plans and strategic insights-driven marketing campaigns
- Work closely with a variety of labels both major and independent on planning and execution of campaigns
- Coordinate impactful album pre-order strategies via exclusive merch bundles, offers and incentives
- Liaise with publicists to develop and implement strategic communication plans around releases
- Manage marketing budgets for local and international release campaigns
- Work closely with digital marketing agencies on advertising campaigns throughout release cycles, tours and to drive merchandise sales
- Book, brief and oversee artwork design, photography and video asset creation
- Communicate plans and updates to artists, labels, promo reps, publicists and other key stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities to further drive revenue for artists and their music in a variety of ways across touring, merch, brand partnerships, etc.
- Manage the creation and delivery of limited edition items such as collectors box sets featuring exclusive merch items
- A proven track-record of successful label management for Australian artists
• Knowledge of production requirements for releases – coordinating label copy, mastering, ISRCs, vinyl parts for manufacture, etc.
- Commissioning creative assets such as logos, album artwork, promo photos, music videos and content, etc.
- Writing and editing artist bios, press releases and other key release information
- Monitoring follower sentiment and engagement on social media and tracking audience behaviour on streaming services such as Spotify
- Proven success with engaging, fresh and creative ideas for artist-relevant content to accompany releases
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritise tasks efficiently
- Existing relationships within the local industry across labels, publishers, publicists, creatives, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Extremely passionate about Australian music across a range of genres from both established and developing artists
- Forward-thinking and a self-starter who constantly seeks out new ways to improve and excel
- Strong project management, organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Confident in working directly with artists, a variety of record label teams, publicists and creatives
- Highly proactive and capable of a high level of productivity without close supervision
- Able to work under pressure and manage varying workloads throughout the year
This role is an incredible opportunity for the right person to really make their own and achieve the best possible results for some of Australia’s most exciting artists.
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience. Only applicants with the necessary experience need apply and all applications will be handled with strict confidentiality. We will be in touch if we’d like to discuss the opportunity with you further.
Applications close: COB Monday 17th July 2017
Email applications to: email@example.com