ULTIMO (full time)
ULTIMO (full time)
APRA AMCOS is looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active candidate to take on the role of Event Assistant within the Communications and Events Department. The role is permanent full-time within the Sydney Office.
The role will essentially provide support to both the Event Manager and Event Coordinator, in planning internal and external conferences, Awards nights and other events.
Assist with planning of APRA AMCOS’s events in the following areas:
- Invitations/Guest List/Ticketing
- Judging procedures
- Travel and accommodation requirements
- RSVP/registration procedures through Events Air software
- Liaison with internal and External Stakeholders (colleagues, suppliers, sponsors, industry bodies)
- Database maintenance
- Research projects as required
- Provide administrative support as directed by Events Manager and Event Coordinator
- Additional tasks and events as directed by Manager, Events and Senior Management of Communications and Events
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in administration work would be preferred
- Previous experience in event planning (personal or otherwise)
- Previous experience with event software would be preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills to liaise with internal and external suppliers and an ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- Ability to cope with change and be flexible with task allocation
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail is imperative in this role
- Be assertive and work independently
- Also able to work collaboratively with peers and managers
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and provide immediate solutions
If your skills and abilities suit the role and you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter outlining your experience in relation to the criteria and CV to Narelle Butterworth firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Wednesday 12 July, 2017.
Applications without a cover letter and resume or that are received after the closing date will not be considered.
APRA AMCOS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We prioritise employee wellbeing, with regular seminars, an EAP, mental health training, onsite flu vaccinations and more. We offer flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and purchased leave. We prioritise diversity and we value learning. We’ve gone green with numerous sustainability initiatives, and we give back by regularly supporting charities.