The Sydney Opera House embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas. It is a masterpiece that belongs to all Australians. Our mission is two-fold:
- We will treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors;
- Everything we do will engage and inspire people through its excellence, ambition and breadth. We will strengthen our central role in Australia’s life and identity.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Digital content creation and distribution and social media interaction are integral elements of the programming strategy for Sydney Opera House, enabling the organisation to connect and create a deeper relationship with new and existing audiences.
An active contributor of ideas and a true collaborator, this role is responsible for the implementation of digital and social media initiatives, including but not limited to long and short-form video pieces; live streams; podcasts; blogs; apps; image galleries; and social media activity under the overall curatorship of the Head of Contemporary Music. This role is responsible for managing and growing the online community for the Contemporary Music area. This role also supports marketing and publicity initiatives for projects, ensuring that digital content is embedded within every campaign; as well as managing the administration and budget tracking for all digital initiatives within the program stream.
- A digital-native who is equally competent in generating creative and innovative ideas as well as possessing solid implementation and distribution skills
- Demonstrated experience with video production
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Outstanding long and short-form written communication skills, demonstrated in examples of previous published (print or online) work
- Passion for the performing arts coupled with high awareness of digital trends in the Contemporary Music space
- Excellent research skills
- Proven strengths in analysing data to improve the effectiveness of digital activity
- Sound budget management skills
- Sound understanding of basic negotiations and contracting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite and/or Final Cut is preferable
- Experience with web content management is preferable
HOW TO APPLY
1. Explain your experience in online video content creation.
2. What does ‘digital engagement’ mean to you?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full Time, Temporary 6 month contract
Position No: SOH1059
Salary: Base salary of $58,165 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contribution
Applications Close: Monday 12th of June 2017
Enquiries: Shane Johnson, Head of Recording & Broadcast